Monday, December 5, 2011

Victorian Hurricane Jars DIY @ $2 Each





This is such a quick and very inexpensive idea to make. I bought my candlesticks and candle jars or hurricane glasses at the dollar store. I already had E6000 glue on hand and a kabob skewer.



Materials: Q-tip, Skewer, or Toothpick, along with E6000 glue or epoxy, glass candlesticks, and the candle jars or hurricane glasses.



 Dab the E6000 glue onto a toothpick, Q-tip, or skewer, and smear a coating of the glue onto the top of the glass candlestick where the jar will come into contact with it.


Place the jar on top of the glued area of the candlestick and allow it to dry overnight.


 
That is it! You can fill it with anything your heart desires. I found this stuff in some of our Christmas boxes we unpacked recently. I used candles, a child's pearl necklace from a parade, some old garland, and some silk flowers.