Saturday, June 2, 2012

DIY Baby Burp Cloths

Recently, I found some cloth diapers from Wal-Mart online. I ordered them, and picked up a multi pack of fabric fat quarters in the craft section. I brought it home so I could put together some burp cloths. I had these when I had both of my children many years ago. I think they will come in handy again with a granddaughter on the way.


The first thing you do is wash, dry, iron, and trim up your fabrics. You always want the wash out the sizing before you sew.


Next, put the right side of the fabric against the cloth diaper and pin it down.

Then you will sew up the three sides. Turn it right side out and iron it in place. Fold under the fourth side and press it down. Now add a stitch across it to seal it. Press it again.



The last thing is to run a line of stitching up on each side of the center piece. The center piece is thicker because if it were being used as a diaper, it would be the area to hold the most moisture.
I always give it a final press and fold it up tidy.

You can make these really quick and tie them up with a pretty bow!