Saturday, October 15, 2011

DIY Remade Frames






I made a trip by a friends house one day to pick something up to find she and her friends were having a garage sale. I found a set of three picture frames with two of the same print and one of the same theme. The one that was different had a flower in the middle. I really didn't like the picture framed inside them, so I started breaking them down.




 Sorry for the blurry photo. I really need a camera instead of my iPhone...




I removed the matte and glass. I tore off the picture from the back cardboard piece and trashed it.




I painted the frames a glossy black with spray paint. They look great already!




I also spray painted the mattes a tan color that I had. I assembled all the pieces back together and glued on the photos I made scrapbook sizes for this frame through Smilebox. I really love that software program it is so easy to use.




I got the smaller frames from the DollarTree and sprayed painted them as well to make them look more chic and less drab. I measured twice and nailed once a finishing nail into the wall to hang the frames. I made a pattern as best as I could. I had a little more of the smaller sized frames than I had the larger sized 4x6s. I plan to hang a little something between the ends where there is a larger space between the two vertical frames later.

Since I already had the spray paint, the yard sale frames 20x20 were a total of $1.25 thanks to Vickey! The smaller frames were $1 each. The prints I changed from color to black and white cost about $0.15 each and the scrapbook sized prints were about $3 or less at Wal-mart.

The entire grouping really covers my wall well. And I love it because from the kitchen view, it flows right into the hallway.








I will definitely have to go back and straighten some the the frames up... but not now I am done for the day. /:

Happy crafting!
K.