Monday, May 9, 2011

Paper Bunting

Make A Paper Bunting 



Paper
Scissors
Craft Glue
Ribbons, trims, lace, rick rack, etc - any and all are optional
Scrapbook Paper or Wrapping Paper
Double Bias Tape (actually is made of fabric in the sewing section)

First I made a triangle template using a heavy paper stock I measured, traced, and cut it out. Once that was completed, I traced the template over a few pieces of scrapbook paper and cut them out. I only needed three for this project. You can use wrapping paper, but you will need to paper mache the paper onto a heavier paper stock or even cardboard. I used three coordinating colors of scrapbook paper and did not need a heavier back to it.

I used some ribbons and trim. You can use rick rack or anything you have available. I cut strips placing a line of craft glue down each side of the paper and attaching the ribbons and trims. Using the computer, I typed the word I was looking for. The font only went to 72 in Word, but I highlighted that number and typed "125"  and hit enter. You can do this for just about any font to get a bigger size. I cut out the letters individually using scissors and an exacto knife. I glued the words to my triangles. I did this before bedtime, so in the morning it was dry and I was ready to continue. 

The next day/night, I took a thin double bias tape used in sewing; I opened the bias with the inside facing up and placed a line of glue down each side. Next, I laid the bunting triangles where I wanted them positioned on the bias tape bottom half and folded the top half over the top of the triangular paper.

I added some felt roses that I made using my Felt Rose Tutorial. You can use glitter, gems, sequins, or anything that you have handy.  I let that dry completely. I trimmed the ribbon edges, the bias tape, and cleaned it up a little and it was ready to hang!


I made my bunting for Mother's Day, but you can make yours for a holiday, welcome home, birthday, baby shower, wedding shower, graduation, or a just because!